Last updated 14th November 2018
Thank you for using WeCoffee!
Our website wecoffee.io, sometimes referred to as “WeCoffee platform”, is owned and operated by WECOFFEE LTD (a company registered in England and Wales with its registered office at 18a Woodland Terrace, United Kingdom, London, SE7 8DD), also referred to as “WeCoffee”, “we”, “our”, and “us”).
The following definitions apply to this Policy:
- WeCoffee Platform: The Site and any other related subdomain or services
- WeCoffee Services: The services (including Payment Services) performed by WeCoffee in connection with the WeCoffee Platform
- Booking Modifications: Any modifications to a booking which are made by either the User or the WeHost after the booking has been confirmed
- Booking fee: The fee the WeHost agrees to pay to WeCoffee for every booking made through the platform
- Premium subscription fee: The monthly fee the WeHost agrees to pay to use the WeCoffee premium services
- Offers: Any products or services offered by the WeHost for which charges may apply as specified in the Listing
- WeHost: A Member who provides WeSpaces and services to Users via the WeCoffee Platform
- WeHost Services: The services provided by the WeHost to Users via the WeCoffee Platform
- WeSpace: The space made available to Users by the WeHost on the WeCoffee Platform
- Listing: The publication of the WeSpace and the WeHost Services on the WeCoffee Platform
- Service fees: The fees WeCoffee may charge the WeHosts or Users in consideration of the use of the WeCoffee Services (Includes booking fee and premium subscription fee)
- Member: A registered member of the WeCoffee Platform
- Member Content: Any content including but not limited to text, graphics, photographs, images, illustrations, audio clips and video clips which are created, uploaded, posted, sent, stored or otherwise made available by a Member on the WeCoffee Platform
- Payment Method: The financial instrument (such as credit card, debit card or PayPal) selected by the Member via their WeCoffee Account
- User: A Member who books a WeSpace via the WeCoffee Platform and uses WeHost Services
- Third Party Services: The services provided exclusively to Members by a third party which may be accessed via the WeCoffee Platform from time to time
- Third Party Sites: The websites of third parties which may be accessed by Members via the WeCoffee Platform from time to time
- Site: The website www.wecoffee.io
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
There are three categories of information we collect.
1.1 Information you give to us
1.1.1 Information that is necessary for the use of the WeCoffee Platform
We ask for and collect the following personal information about you when you use the WeCoffee Platform. This information is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between you and us and to allow us to comply with our legal obligations. Without it, we may not be able to provide you with all the requested services.
- Account Information: When you sign up for a WeCoffee Account, we require certain information such as your first name, last name, email address, and date of birth.
- Profile and Listing Information: To use certain features of the WeCoffee Platform (such as booking or creating a Listing), we may ask you to provide additional information, which may include your address, phone number, and a profile picture.
- Identity Verification Information: To help create and maintain a trusted environment, we may collect identity verification information (such as images of your government issued ID, passport, national ID card, corporate documents etc.) or another authentication information.
- Payment Information: To use certain features of the WeCoffee Platform (such as booking or creating a Listing), we may require you to provide certain financial information (like your bank account or credit card information) in order to facilitate the processing of payments.
- Communications with WeCoffee and other Members: When you communicate with WeCoffee or use the WeCoffee Platform to communicate with other Members, we collect information about your communication and any information you choose to provide.
1.1.2 Information you choose to give us
You may choose to provide us with additional personal information in order to obtain a better user experience when using WeCoffee Platform. This additional information will be processed based on your consent.
- Additional Profile Information: You may choose to provide additional information as part of your WeCoffee profile (such as gender, preferred language(s), city, job headline and a personal and professional description). Some of this information as indicated in your Account settings is part of your public profile page and it will be publicly visible to others.
- Other Information: You may otherwise choose to provide us information when you fill in a form, conduct a search, update or add information to your WeCoffee Account, respond to surveys, participate in promotions, or use other features of the WeCoffee Platform.
1.1.3 Information that is necessary for the use of the payment services
WeCoffee needs to collect the following information, as it is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract with you and to comply with applicable law (such as anti-money laundering regulations). Without it, you will not be able to use any payment service:
- Payment Information: When you use the payment services, WeCoffee requires certain financial information (like your bank account or credit/debit card information) in order to process payments and comply with applicable law.
- Identity Verification and Other Information. If you are a WeHost, WeCoffee may require identity verification information (such as images of your government issued ID, corporate documents etc.) or other authentication information, your date of birth, your address, email address, phone number and other information in order to verify your identity.
1.2 Information we automatically collect from your use of the WeCoffee Platform
When you use the WeCoffee Platform, we automatically collect information, including personal information, about the services you use and how you use them. This information is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between you and us, to enable us to comply with legal obligations and given our legitimate interest in being able to provide and improve the functionalities of the WeCoffee Platform.
- Geo-location Information: When you use certain features of the WeCoffee Platform, we may collect information about your precise or approximate location as determined through data such as your IP address or mobile device’s GPS to offer you an improved user experience.
- Usage Information: We collect information about your interactions with the WeCoffee Platform such as the pages or content you view, your searches for Listings, bookings you have made, and other actions on the WeCoffee Platform.
- Log Data and Device Information: We automatically collect login data and device information when you access and use the WeCoffee Platform, even if you have not created an WeCoffee Account or logged in. That information includes, but not limited to: details about how you’ve used the WeCoffee Platform (including if you clicked on links to third party applications), IP address, access dates and times, hardware and software information, device information, device event information, unique identifiers, cookie data, and the pages you’ve viewed or engaged with before or after using the WeCoffee Platform.
- Payment Transaction Information: WeCoffee collects information related to your payment transactions through the WeCoffee Platform, including the payment instrument used, date and time, payment amount, payment instrument expiration date and billing postcode, IBAN information, your address and other related transaction details. This information is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between you and WeCoffee.
1.3 Information we collect from third parties
WeCoffee may collect information, including personal information, that others provide about you when they use the WeCoffee Platform. WeCoffee may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information collected through the WeCoffee Platform. We do not control, supervise or respond for how the third parties providing your information process your personal data, and any information request regarding the disclosure of your personal information to us should be directed to such third parties.
- Third Party Services: If you link, connect, or login to your WeCoffee Account with a third-party service (e.g. Google, Facebook), the third-party service may send us information such as your registration and profile information from that service. This information varies and is controlled by that service or as authorized by you via your privacy settings at that service.
- Other Sources: To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may receive additional information about you, such as demographic data or fraud detection information, from third party service providers and/or partners, and combine it with information we have about you.
2. HOW WE USE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use, store, and process information, including personal information, about you to provide, improve, and develop the WeCoffee Platform, to create and maintain a trusted and safer environment and comply with our legal obligations.
2.1 Provide, improve, and develop the WeCoffee Platform
WeCoffee’s primary focus is to:
- Enable you to access and use the WeCoffee Platform.
- Enable you to communicate with other Members.
- By performing analytics and conducting research, operate, protect, improve, and optimize the WeCoffee Platform and experience
- Provide customer service.
- Send you service or support messages, updates, security alerts, and account notifications.
- If you provide us with your contacts’ information, we may process this information:
- send your requests for references,
- for fraud detection and prevention,
- for any purpose you authorize at the time of collection.
- To operate, protect, improve, and optimize the WeCoffee Platform and experience, and personalize and customize your experience (such as making Listing suggestions or ranking search results), we may conduct profiling based on your interactions with the WeCoffee Platform, your search and booking history, your profile information and preferences, and other content you submit to the WeCoffee Platform.
We process this information given our genuine and legitimate interest in improving the WeCoffee Platform and our Members’ experience with it.
2.2 Create and maintain a trusted and safer environment
WeCoffee’s primary focus is to:
- Detect and prevent fraud, spam, abuse, security incidents, and other harmful activity.
- Conduct security investigations and risk assessments.
- Verify or authenticate information or identifications provided by you.
- Comply with our legal obligations.
- Resolve any disputes with any of our Members and enforce our agreements with third parties.
- Enforce our Terms of Service and other policies.
- In connection with the activities above, we may conduct profiling based on your interactions with the WeCoffee Platform, your profile information and other content you submit to the WeCoffee Platform, and information obtained from third parties.
We process this information given our genuine and legitimate interest in protecting the WeCoffee Platform, to measure the adequate performance of our contract with you, and to comply with applicable laws.
2.3 Provide, personalize and improve our advertising and marketing strategy
- Send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising, and other information that may be of interest to you based on your preferences (including information about WeCoffee or partner campaigns and services) and social media advertising through social media platforms such as Facebook or Google.
- Personalize, measure, and improve advertising.
- Administer referral programs, rewards, surveys, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by WeCoffee or its third-party partners.
- Conduct profiling on your characteristics and preferences (based on the information you provide to us, your interactions with the WeCoffee Platform, information obtained from third parties, and your search and booking history) to send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising and other information that we think may be of interest to you.
We will process your personal information for the purposes listed above. You can opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by following the unsubscribe instructions included in our marketing communications.
3.1 Your consent
Where you have provided consent, we share your information, including personal information, as described at the time of consent.
3.2 Between members
To help facilitate bookings or other interactions between Members, we may need to share certain information, including personal information, with other Members, as it is necessary for the adequate performance of the WeCoffee Platform. For example:
- When, as a User, you submit a booking request, certain information about you is shared with the WeHost, including your full name, your cancellation history, and other information you agree to share.
- When, as a WeHost, you have a confirmed booking, certain information is shared with the User to coordinate the booking, such as the full name of your business, phone number, and WeSpace address.
We don’t share your billing and payout information with other Members.
3.3 Third Parties
WeCoffee uses a variety of business partners, service providers and suppliers to help us provide services related to the WeCoffeee Platform.
WeCoffee may need to share your information, including personal information, in order to ensure the adequate performance of our contract with you.
WeCoffee may also share your personal information with third-parties where it is in our legitimate interest to do so, including, but not limited to:
- In the event we sell or buy business assets
- If we are under duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any applicable law
- To apply or enforce our Terms of Service or to establish or defend the rights and interests of WeCoffee and WeCoffee Members.
3.4 Social Media Platforms
Where permissible according to applicable law WeCoffee may use certain personal information about you, such as but not limited to your email address, to share it with social media platforms, such as Facebook or Google, in order to generate leads, drive traffic to our website or otherwise promote our products and services or the WeCoffee Platform. These processing activities are based on our legitimate interest in undertaking marketing activities to offer you products or services that may be if your interest.
The social media platforms with which we may share your personal data are not controlled or supervised by us. Therefore, any questions regarding how your social media platform service provider processes your personal data should be directed to such provider.
4. YOUR RIGHTS
4.1 Accessing your information
You have the right to access information which we hold about you. If you request it, we shall provide you with a copy of your personal information which we are processing. For any further copies which you may request, we may charge a reasonable fee based on administrative costs.
4.2 Rectification of inaccurate or incomplete information
Your personal information should be accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate or incomplete by accessing your account settings or contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4.3 Data portability
You also have the right to receive your personal information in a structured and commonly used format so that it can be transferred to another data controller.
4.4 Data retention and erasure
WeCoffee will generally retain your personal information for as long as is necessary for the performance of the contract between you and us and to comply with legal obligations. If you no longer want us to use your information to provide the WeCoffee Services to you, you can request that we erase your personal information and close your WeCoffee Account.
Please note that if you request the erasure of your personal information:
- We may retain some of your personal information as necessary for our legitimate business interests, such as but not limited to fraud detection and prevention and enhancing safety.
- We may retain and use your personal information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations. For example, WeCoffee may keep some of your information for tax, legal reporting and auditing obligations.
- Information you have shared with others may continue to be publicly visible on the WeCoffee Platform, even after your Account is cancelled. However, attribution of such information to you will be removed. Additionally, some copies of your information may remain in our database but will be disassociated from personal identifiers.
4.5 Withdrawing consent or restrictions
Where you have provided your consent to the processing of your personal information by WeCoffee you may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us through email@example.com specifying which consent you are withdrawing. Please note that the withdrawal of your consent does not affect the lawfulness of any processing activities based on such consent before its withdrawal.
Additionally, you have the right to limit the ways in which we use your personal information.
4.6 Objection to processing
You have the right to object at any time to our processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
You also have the right to object at any time, on grounds relating to your personal situation, to processing of your personal information which is based on our legitimate interests. If you object to such processing WeCoffee will no longer process your personal information for these purposes unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for such processing or such processing is required for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
A cookie is a small data file that is transferred to your device (e.g. your phone or your computer). For example, a cookie could allow us to recognize your browser, while another could store your preferences.
Why WeCoffee Uses These Technologies?
We use these technologies for a number of purposes, such as:
- To enable you to use and access the WeCoffee Platform.
- To enable, facilitate and streamline the functioning of and your access to the WeCoffee Platform.
- To better understand how you navigate through and interact with the WeCoffee Platform and to improve the WeCoffee Platform.
- To serve you tailored advertising.
- To show you content (e.g., advertisements) that is more relevant to you.
- To enforce legal agreements that govern use of the WeCoffee Platform.
- For fraud detection and prevention, and investigations.
- For purposes of our own customer support, analytics, research, product development, and regulatory compliance.
- To monitor and analyse the performance, operation, and effectiveness of the WeCoffee Platform and WeCoffee advertisements.
We may also allow certain business partners to place these technologies on the WeCoffee Platform. These partners use these technologies to
- Help us analyse how you use the WeCoffee Platform, such as by noting the third-party services from which you arrived,
- Market and advertise WeCoffee services to you on the WeCoffee Platform and third-party websites,
- Collect information about your activities on the WeCoffee Platform, other sites, and/or the ads you have clicked on. For example, to help us better understand how people use the WeCoffee Platform, we work with a number of analytics partners, including Google Analytics. To prevent Google Analytics from using your information for analytics, you may install the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser.
Third parties may also use such tracking technologies to serve ads that they believe are most likely to be of interest to you and measure the effectiveness of their ads both on the WeCoffee Platform and on other websites and online services. Targeting and advertising cookies we use may include Google, and other advertising networks and services we use from time to time.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can modify your browser setting to decline cookies by visiting the Help portion of your browser’s toolbar.
Your mobile device may allow you to control cookies through its settings function. Refer to your device manufacturer’s instructions for more information.
If you choose to decline cookies, some parts of the WeCoffee Platform may not work as intended or may not work at all.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is safe and take all actions necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers within the United Kingdom. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. If you know or have reason to believe that your account credentials have been lost, stolen, misappropriated, or otherwise compromised or in case of any actual or suspected unauthorized use of your account, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.